Questions about your digestive health? Wondering how to navigate your first appointment at SAGA? Find the answers to these and all your questions right here from San Antonio’s leading experts in digestive healthcare.
Insurance & Payment Options
What insurance does SAGA accept?
- Community First
- Prospect Insurance
- United Health Care (PacifiCare/Secure Horizons)
- VA TriWest
If you do not see your insurance provider listed, please contact SAGA at 210-271-0606 for more information.
Does SAGEC/SAGA accept credit cards, cash, or checks?
Yes, credit cards, cash, and checks are accepted.
What is CareCredit?
CareCredit is a credit card that is used for medical purposes at participating providers. San Antonio Gastroenterology Endoscopy Centers accepts this as a form of payment for procedures.
How do I apply for CareCredit?
Visit the CareCredit website: https://www.carecredit.com/ and click “Apply”. Under “Select a doctor or business by name,” type “San Antonio Gastroenterology Endoscopy Center.” You may also contact the business office at 210-404-2942 this option is available for procedures ONLY.
Does SAGEC offer financing?
Financing is available for procedures at San Antonio Gastroenterology Endoscopy Centers through CareCredit (as listed above).
If you have questions on billing please call 855-258-9497.
What payments will be due when I arrive for my appointment?
All co-pays, deductibles, and payments are due at the time services are rendered. These are determined by your insurance carrier. Contact your insurance provider to obtain this information.
If you are not using insurance, the full amount of your bill is due at time of service. Financing options must be arranged and approved before services are rendered. If you have questions about payment, please contact the SAGEC financial coordinator at 855-335-9572.
What if I change insurance carriers?
As the patient, you are responsible to provide SAGA/SAGEC with accurate insurance information for billing purposes prior to your procedure, as many insurances may require prior authorizations or referrals from your primary care physician that take time. If these are not obtained prior to the procedure, your procedure may not be covered by your insurance carrier. Please let us know if you anticipate a change in your insurance plan when booking your procedure.
I already had my procedure, where do I pay my bill?
Please read your bill very carefully. Bills for physician fees, which include office, procedures, anesthesia, and pathology will be marked with San Antonio Gastroenterology Associates (SAGA). Bills for the facility will be marked with San Antonio Gastroenterology Endoscopy Centers (SAGEC).
You may pay your bill on the Bill Pay Page (Pago de Facturas). If you have questions about paying your SAGEC (facility) bill or want to set up a payment plan, please call 855-258-9497. If you have questions or need clarifications regarding your benefits as they apply to your procedure, please call 855-335-9572. If you have questions about paying your SAGA (physician fees, pathology, anesthesiology) bill, please call:
Locations & Directions
How do I find a Gastroenterologist near me?
Visit the SAGA find a gastroenterologist page to find a gastroenterologist near you.
Where do I go for my procedure?
Procedures are scheduled at one of three endoscopy centers in San Antonio. Visit the SAGA locations page to find the endoscopy center nearest you.
SAGA Locations throughout San Antonio
Visit the SAGA locations page to find the location nearest you as well as directions and contact information.
How can I find out the office location of my perferred physician?
Visit the SAGA Physicians page to learn more about each physician as well as his/her office locations.
Preparation for Your Visit
What do I need for my procedure?
- Your insurance card(s)
- Driver’s License or Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Co-pay or deductible, as determined by your insurance company
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- Plan to arrive at the center one hour prior to the procedure.
- You should expect a stay of two to three hours total.
- Bring the name and phone number of the person (must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license) who will be taking you home. You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone, or leave the center without an adult chaperone.
- You must be 18 years old or over to have a procedure. If you are an adult who is unable to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to sign on your behalf.
Forms needed before procedure
- SA Consent to Procedure
- Medicine Reconciliation Form
- Medical History
Office Appointment Forms
- Financial Agreement
- HIPPA Authorization
- Medicare Patient Financial Responsibility
How do I prep for a colonoscopy?
Please click below to download instructions for colonoscopy prep specific to each physician.
- Carefully read and review your colonoscopy prep instructions.
- CONFIRM transportation the day of your procedure.You MUST have a person 18 years old or older who can sign discharge forms and take you home after the procedure is complete. Transportation MUST be CONFIRMED at check-in or your procedure will be rescheduled. Use of a taxi service or other ride share/public transport is NOT allowed WITHOUT AN ESCORT age 18 years old or over.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, including cotton socks which may be left on during the procedure.
- Bring your government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Do NOT wear jewelry (this includes wedding rings, earrings, and body piercings).
NO high-heeled shoes.
- Do NOT bring any valuable personal items such as cellphones, tablets, laptops, keys, or jewelry.
- Bathe or shower prior to leaving your home before attending your procedure.
- Do NOT apply lotion to your arms or chest before the procedure.
- Continue to take any blood pressure or heart medications in the morning with only a sip of water. These are the only medications you may take the morning of the procedure.
- If you are diabetic, DO take your blood sugar level at home before attending your procedure.
- If you use as inhaler, DO use it prior to arrival and bring it to the center with you.
- DO bring a list of all your medications with dosage and frequency.
Can I take a taxi, Uber, or other car service to and from my procedure?
You MUST have a person 18 years old or over who can sign discharge forms after the procedure is complete. Driver and patient escort MUST be CONFIRMED at check-in or your procedure will be rescheduled. Use of a taxi service or other ride share/public transport is NOT allowed without an escort that is 18 years or older to accompany the patient.
You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone, or leave the center without an adult chaperone.
What should I wear for my procedure?
Wear loose, comfortable clothing, including cotton socks which may be left on during the procedure.
How long will my procedure take?
Plan to arrive at the center one hour prior to the procedure.The procedure takes between 15 and 45 minutes. You should expect a stay two to three hours total.
What do I do if I need to reschedule or cancel my appointment or procedure?
Contact your physician’s office immediately to cancel or reschedule if necessary. You can find that information on the Physician page.
Who do I call if I have questions about my office appointment or procedure?
Services & Procedures
Services Offered at SAGA
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection(EMR)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound(EUS)
- Esophageal Banding
- Flexobile Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- pH Probe Studies
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- Upper Endoscopy
Can SAGA help me lose weight?
Yes, the physicians of SAGA offer a variety of medically-supervised weight loss programs to promote better health, including Ideal Protein.
How much does Ideal Protein cost?
The initial cost of the Ideal Protein program is $377. This includes your first consultation, a starter gift bag, your first week of food, and two months’ worth of supplements, plus the specialized Ideal Protein salt and an Ideal Protein shaker. Weigh-ins are once a week with a nutrition consultant. Food costs vary based on selection each week and additional supplements may need to be purchased based upon your weight loss goals.
Learn More About Ideal Protein.
Do I have to be a Patient to lose weight with Ideal Protein?
No, anyone looking to eat and live a healthy lifestyle can join the Ideal Protein program. You do not have to be a SAGA patient to join.
Is Ideal Protein Covered by Insurance?
No, however, you Ideal Protein does offer discounts on the program for attending select educational workshops.Learn More About Ideal Protein.
How do I sign up for Ideal Protein?
What clinical trials are available at SAGA?
Visit the SAGA Clinical Research Portal to review a list of current clinical trials and find out if you may qualify for one of the research studies.
San Antonio’s Digestive Health LeaderRequest Appointment